The Cub Scout Promise…
I Promise to do my best,
To do my duty to God and to the Queen,
To help other people,
And to keep the Cub Scout Law.
When we promise something, we are telling people that we really mean what we say. So what does the Cub Scout Promise mean?
I promise to do my best…
- You promise to do your best at everything you do including…
- Your schoolwork.
- In sports.
- In your hobbies.
- And with everything else.
To do my duty to God…
- To care for the world around you.
- To share the good things you have.
- To be friendly towards other people.
- To pray to your God or Deity in the way you have learnt.
And to the Queen…
- Scouts are loyal to their country.
- Scouts are good citizens.
- Scouts keep the laws of their land.
To help other people…
- Scouts do what they can to help other people who need their help whether they know them or not.
- Scouts do not wait to be asked for help.
And to keep the Cub Scout Law…
- Have a really good go at everything you do.
- Make the most out of everything you do.
- Do that little bit extra – not just enough to get by.
- Do a good turn every day – this is doing something for someone else.
The Cub Scout Law…
Cub Scouts always do their best,
Think of others before themselves,
And do a good turn everyday.
A Good Turn is doing something for someone else. It should be done willingly without being asked.